Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Movies to Watch in the Last Months of 2014

Hi! I've been kind of busy these days because I have a side job now, so I haven't been writing much. I don't know if I can do the recaps again because it takes a lot of time. But so far The Flash  has stolen my heart and I've crowned it as my most favorite new series. I still enjoy HTGAWM but have started having doubts on Gotham due to its poor writing (I still love the characters, though). And I haven't been catching up on Reign

But now I don't want to talk abou tv shows. I want to talk about moviessss. We only have about 2 months left this year, but there are still some great movies to watch. Here are my most anticipated movies that are going to be released in the last months of the year.

1. INTERSTELLAR
To be released in : November
Director : Christopher Nolan
Cast : Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Mackenzie Foy.

To be honest, I don't really know what this movie is about. They keep the story a secret, just like they did with Nolan's previous project, Inception. The synopsis of the movie in IMDB describes it as a story of "a group of explorers make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage." Based on the synopsis, I assume that it involves science, space travel and the end of the world. What actually makes me interested in this movie is the fact that Mr Christopher Nolan is the director. I really enjoy Inception and, of course, his Batman movies, so I expect this one to be as good as those films. The cast also seems solid. Here's the latest trailer of Interstellar.


2. THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING
To be released in : November
Director : James Marsh
Cast : Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones, David Thewlis, Emily Watson.

This is a biopic of the famous physicist Stephen Hawking. It lets us see how the highly intelligent man struggles to fight the illness that paralyzes his body and how his relationship with the woman he loves affects the way he deals with the situation. This movie seems to be a very emotional one. I think I have to bring a pack of tissues when I see this movie because just watching the trailer makes my eyes water. The main factor that makes me so eager to see this movie is Eddie Redmayne (Les Miserables, My Week with Marilyn). He's a fantastic actor, one of my favorites, and it's been a while since the last time I watched his movie, so I'm excited to see him again. And they say Eddie's and Felicity Jones's performances are amazing here. They even say Eddie deserves an Oscar! Here's the trailer of The Theory of Everything. Watch and try not to cry!



3. THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART 1
To be released in : November
Director : Francis Lawrence
Cast : Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Jullianne Moore, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Sam Claflin.

Well, I think this movie needs no introduction. This third film in The Hunger Games saga follows its heroine, Katniss Everdeen, as she leads the revolt against the Capitol. I really enjoy the first two films of the saga, especially the second one, Catching Fire, and am really curious about the ending.I know we all can find out how this movie ends from the book, but I haven't read the book and have decided to stay blind about the ending; I don't want to ruin the fun. My friend who has read the book says that Mockingjay is the hardest one to read and, man, that is my favorite kind of stories (haha). Here's the main trailer of Mockingjay (which is surprisingly short for a main trailer, but pretty intense).


Besides these three films, I'm also curious about some other films like Into the Woods, Big Hero 6 and The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies. But these three films above are on the top of my list.

Hope my list can help you decide which movie to watch before the year ends!


No comments:

Post a Comment