Thursday, September 25, 2014

Hello!

My first blog post!

My name is Rifa. I am 22 years old and from Indonesia. I was an English Literature student, graduated a few months ago, and I am an English teacher now. I teach in an English course so my working hour starts in the afternoon, after my little students (mostly around 2,5 to 10 years old) go home from their schools. So, I am basically free in the morning.

It sounds great, doesn't it? I don't have to be at my office from 9 to 5 like other workers but still get paid well. I can wake up at 10 a.m. and watch TV or browse the Internet or just be lazy before going to work at 1 p.m. Yup, it's great. But after a while, it gets a little boring.

After graduation, I have this eagerness to do something. Something big. Something that matters. Something new. Something that I've never tried before. Something that people can see. Something that could change the world and make it a better place (Okay, this last one is a bit silly. Sorry.) And writing is one of the things that fit my criteria of "something".

That is why I decided to create this blog. I want to use this blog as a medium to post my writings, which contain my thoughts and my ideas about the things that matter to me. Well, those "things" that matter to me are usually movies, books, tv series and literature. I love those things SO much, so I'll probably write much about them. I am also concerned about feminism and education, so maybe I'll write about them too.

I still have no idea how to manage the layout of the blog because I am certainly not a design or computer person. Hopefully I'll be able to make it look more interesting.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment